Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - The City of Sallisaw will be performing a city wide brush pickup beginning Monday, July 10. This pick up is for brush only created by the recent storms, no other waste will be collected. This service is for city residents only. All residents must follow the rules listed below during the pickup. Please note this is for RESIDENTIAL properties only.
1. All brush must be taken curbside prior to the date listed above. Please place all brush within six feet of the curb.
2. Please do not place brush next to mailboxes, fire hydrants, poles, water meters, gas meters, etc. Do not place brush in alleyways or drainage ditches.
3. All brush must be cut into lengths no greater than eight feet.
4. All brush must originate from the property it is located. Brush generated from other areas will not be collected.
5. DO NOT mix trash with the brush. If trash is mixed in with the brush, the property owner will be responsible for disposal.
If residents of the city wish to dispose of brush on their own, they may haul it to the city landfill facility with no charge. Once at the landfill you will be required to furnish proof of residence in the form of a utility bill and drivers license showing your address to be within the city limits of Sallisaw. If you need a copy of your utility bill, you may contact customer service at city hall (918-775-6241). The cutoff date for taking brush directly to the landfill is Saturday, July 22. Brush from commercial tree services will be charged.
The city asks that you have all brush placed curbside by the morning of July 10. City equipment will only make one pass through each street. After the city makes one pass, if the resident has other brush to be collected, they may schedule it for a “Curbie” pickup. All Curbie pickups will be charged the set rates for pickup.
KXMX Staff Writer
For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit www.kxmx.com