Monday, November 21, 2022 - Within the next few weeks, the City of Sallisaw will begin servicing most of its residential sanitation routes with a new side load sanitation truck.
City Manager Keith Skelton said, "This operation will ensure our operations are more efficient and safer for our employees. To ensure a smooth transition and allow us to empty your container with no issues, there are certain guidelines that must be followed."
The city provided the following guidelines:
• Polycarts must be placed within 2 to 3 feet of the edge of the street with the lid opening facing the street, wheels away from the street.
• All trash must be bagged and must be contained in the polycart so that the lid can close properly. No additional trash on top of the lid, or next to the polycart.
• If there are two (2) or more polycarts, they must be placed at least two (2) feet apart.
• If you find that you need an additional polycart(s), the charge for each additional is $6.00 per month. You may request a second polycart, or more, by contacting customer service at (918)775-6241.
• Do not place polycarts next to fire hydrants, gas meters, or next to any obstructions such as parked cars, mailboxes, trees, or basketball goals. If you have a question about placement of your polycart, please contact the Sanitation Superintendent and he will schedule a time to come and visit with you on site.
• Polycarts must be placed curbside by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
• All empty polycarts must be removed from the curb within 24 hours.
"We appreciate your cooperation as we make this transition," Skelton added.
KXMX Staff Writer
For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit www.kxmx.com