Monday, August 28, 2023 - The Board of City Commissioners recently approved adjustments to various utility rates, sanitation and landfill fees that will become effective on September 1, 2023.
A summary of some of these adjustments include:
• Residential water users will see a $2.84 increase based on average usage of 4,000 gallons per month.
• Commercial water users will see a $7.75 increase based on average usage of 16,000 gallons.
• Residential sewer rates will have an increase of $4.35 based on an average billing of 5,000 gallons.
• Commercial sewer rates will have an increase of $10.00 based on an average billing of 16,000 gallons.
• Residential sanitation rates will increase to $15.00 monthly for the first poly cart, an increase of $3.00 per month. Each additional cart will be $7.50 each per month.
• Commercial sanitation rates will increase to $20.00 monthly for the first poly cart, an increase of $5.00 per month. Each additional cart will be $12.00 each per month.
• Commercial dumpster rates will increase to $5.00 per cubic yard, an increase of $1.00 per cubic yard. Final dumpster charges are based on the dumpster size and how many times the dumpster is serviced weekly.
• Commercial roll off containers will increase to $380.00 per setting.
• Curbie curbside pickup services will increase to $32.00 per load up to 10 cubic yards. A charge of $5.00 per cubic yard will be added for all loads over 10 cubic yards.
• Landfill tip fees for all non-contract customers will increase to $41.00 per ton, an increase from the current tip fee of $34.00 per ton.
Through the years the City has maintained the lowest utility rates possible. These adjustments are meant to keep up with the escalating cost of labor, materials and capital needs required to operate the city.
Based on average usages, a residential customer can expect an overall average impact of $10.19 per month.
For more information on city utility services, visit our website at www.sallisawok.org.
KXMX Staff Writer
For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit www.kxmx.com