Thursday, September 22, 2022 - Over the next several weeks the City of Sallisaw will be testing a side load sanitation truck. The purpose of this test is to determine how a truck of this nature can operate on the city streets.
In order for the city to have a good test of the truck they are asking residents to pay attention to how they place their trash containers curbside. When placing your container curbside, please follow these simple rules.
• Polycarts must be placed within two to three feet of the street with the lid opening facing the street (wheels facing away from the street).
• All trash must be bagged and must be contained in the container so that the lid can close properly. No additional trash on top of, or next to the container.
• If there are two or more containers, they must be placed at least two feet apart.
• Do not place containers next to fire hydrants, gas meters, or next to any obstructions such as parked cars or mailboxes.
• As always, containers must be placed curbside by 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
The City of Sallisaw appreciates the cooperation of residents as they perform this test.
For more news stories stay tuned to The MIX 105.1 or visit www.kxmx.com